This course is the first of two live virtual training programs offered by Law Enforcement Video LLC to Private Investigators. Participants will learn about the power of video as a source of evidence, the fundamentals of shooting evidence-grade video, and how to choose the right video equipment for investigative work. Participants will learn techniques to record silent video evidence, how to establish on video the location of their surveillance, and how to record daytime surveillance video of stationary subjects.
The skills in this class can be used right away and can be expanded upon by our other virtual and in-person courses.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for Matrimonial Investigators, Insurance Fraud Investigators, Corporate Loss Prevention, School and Campus Security, and all other independent investigators and security professionals.
- Basics of Video Files
- The Power of Video Evidence
- Video Cameras as Evidence Collection Tools
- Types of Video Cameras
- Camcorders vs Mirrorless/DSLR Cameras
- The Elements of Video Continuity
- Establishing Location of Investigative Video
- Manual Focus (Deep Focus)
- Manual Focus (Macro Focus)
- Eliminating Audio from Surveillance Video
- Daytime Surveillance of Stationary Subjects
Zoom information will be emailed to all paid participants the day prior to class.
This class is not currently scheduled.